Thursday, October 28, 2010

Smoke Signals: Victor and Thomas' Relationship

Victor and Thomas' relationship reminds me of my boyfriend and his nephew. My boyfriend is mean to his little nephew because he is older, just like Victor is mean to Thomas. Victor is Thomas' role model and he looks up to him. You can tell Victor is trying to help him just like he is trying to teach him to be a good indian and what they look like.
I do understand why Victor and Thomas have their disagreements. Thomas is thankful for Arnold because he saved him from the fire, but Victor doesn't like his father because he left them and was violent. For awhile they have their differences and I think it's because of how Arnold helped Thomas but then left Victor. Thomas and Victor both care a lot for eachother even though Victor doesn't act like it for awhile. But it was all worth it in the end, because they couldn't be closer.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsey,

    Your post has me wondering what changed in Victor to allow him to accept Thomas as a friend. Is it the knowledge that his father loved him and wanted to return? Is it maturity? Is it Thomas' constant attempt to be his friend?

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed how you made it personal comparing your boyfriend and nephew. I agree with you about their disagreements. Victor was angry. I saw two words that were together which was probably not ment to be. Thanks for your writing. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelsey,

    After reading your response on the movie, I wonder if like you said “Victor is trying to help him just like he is trying to teach him to be a good Indian and what they look like.” Thomas was a nice person but, perhaps, too nice. May be that Victor wanted him to be tougher so about being hurt. Thank you, you’ve given me something to think about.

    Estela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    your response to "smoke signals" you did a good job using a personal experience to portray your opinion of the movie. victor was an angry and spiteful person and this didnt help with thomas and his friendship, it isn't till the end that we see this come to a whole as they eventually form a friend ship they always wanted. also you make a good point of Thomas being to nice allowing people to walk on him and for him to get no respect.

    Thanks, Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelsey,

    I love how you related this story to your boyfriend and his nephew. I have always believed it is a lot easier to understand stories if you can relate it to your own life.

    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete