In Rules for Writers Chapter 3, the main idea is global revisions. The main things you want to think about are the focus, your organization, the purpose, content, and the overall strategy. Put your paper down, and when you look at it again you want to read it as if you are reading it from the audiences point of view. After, you'll want to revise and edit your sentences and check for any thing that may need to be corrected. Then you'll need to proof your writing and make sure there aren't any spelling errors and that your sentences make sense.
When I write my papers, I never read it as if I was the audience. I've never even thought of heard of doing that. But it makes a lot of sense. I also usually just do my papers in one day and don't really put them down and come back to them to read it. I think that is also a good strategy because then you kind of don't remember the order of the sentences or maybe what you exactly wrote like I usually know if I'm doing it all at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment