Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rules for Writers: Chapter 2

Generating rough drafts is a way to get all our ideas out.  You need an introduction, thesis statement, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Your introduction needs to help draw the audience into your paper. It needs to give an overview of what your paper is about. In your introduction, is your thesis statement and that is usually what you use for the hook. There will need to be supporting evidence in the rest of your essay that correspond to your thesis. Your rough draft is like an outline. Eventually when you finalize your paper, you will exclude some parts that you won't need. It's important that your supporting paragraphs are descriptive and not too vague so the reader continues to have interest in your paper. The conclusion is the end up your paper the wraps up your essay. You don't want to introduce new information in your conclusion and you don't want to say something you said in your previous paragraphs.
In my writing, I am going to try find more support for my thesis. The thesis is the hardest part for me to come up with when I really concentrate on it. Sometimes, i'm lucky and I just write a thesis without knowing. I also have a hard time removing information from my essays and struggle sometimes with being too vague. Most of the time I do a pretty good job with all of  it and end up with good results on my paper. I like making charts and bubble diagrams before I write my rough draft because it helps me figure out what I want to say and where I want to put the information in my essay

No comments:

Post a Comment