Sunday, August 15, 2010

Introduction Dialogue

Hi my name is Kelsey. I moved to Sebastopol when I was three and have lived in the same house ever since. This is my third semester as a JC student. I graduated from Analy High School in 2009. I am planning on majoring in Child Development and getting my teaching credentials and work with kindergarten or first graders. During the summer, I am a full time camp counselor at Apple Blossom Elementary School. In fall of 2009 I started being a nanny for two little boys, kindergarten and second grade. It was a lot of work because I was a full time student and didn't have much time to get my school work done. This year, I have decided to not be a nanny during the school week but to help out during weekends if I can.


I am hoping to learn better writing skills and that taking an online class will be easy for me. I tend to do homework last minute, but I try to get it done before the fact and pace myself. I still put all my effort into my work and do my best work.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kelsey,

    You sound like you definately have you priorities strait. I wish I would have started College right out of high school but ended up getting pregnant instead. My son is starting kindergarden in a week it makes me feel so old. :) I wish you the best of luck with finishing school. Mattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey,

    Welcome to our class! I'm glad you're able to focus on your school work during the week. That will help you finish up sooner and get more out of your classes, especially since you know exactly what you want to do when you graduate.

    Take care,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nanny! Now that must be an experience in itself. I came from Atlanta out of high school here and I laughed when you said you have been in the same house since you were three. While growing up I probably have moved more than anybody you know all combinded in one. We may have moved every 4 to 6 months seemed like. Been here in Santa Rosa for two years and thats the longest I have ever lived any where at one time in the same spot. Good luck in the class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsey,

    It sure sounds like you had your hands full, being a nanny for two and a full-time student. It sounds like a good idea to only do it on the weekends now, even though college life seems a lot less demanding than high school, it's still good to have time to yourself. Now that you will have time to yourself, you just have to focus on getting the work done ahead of time so you have more stress-free time to yourself. Putting work off until the last minute was my problem throughout my schooling as well. Now, after a break for a couple of years I understand that it's going to take your time no matter what, and it's better to be time early where you don't have to rush because you have so much time ahead of you. Rather than waiting until the last day where you have to panic about getting your homework submitted on time. Good luck in the class and pacing yourself.

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelsey
    It sounds like you are headed towards my profession. I have never been a nanny but spent the last ten years working in classrooms. I enjoy the beginning years when the children are all about learning. It is always hard to get course work done on time but finding what works for you as an individual is key. Good luck and hope to talk with you soon.
    BetteJo

    ReplyDelete