Thursday, December 2, 2010

All I Asking For is My Body Part III

I think the title of the story relates to how Kiyoshi and Toshio didn't really have control of themselves and what they did. It seemed like their parents had them do everything and take responsibilities their parents shouldve. The boys were reminded all the time that their duty was Responsibilty and to pay of the families debt. The children were slaves on the plantation. It wasn't very pretty.
This led the boys to having no control of their life which was hard on them. The didnt make any decisions for themselves which is what the boys wanted and needed. I think the title means that the boys were feeling trapped and not in control of who they were and what they did.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsey,
    Thanks for the write. I think you might have a couple grammatical errors that you would like to fix. I feel how you do, the parents were expecting the children to take on the responsibility of their debt. This does not seen right. Can you imagine feeling trapped like Tosh and Kiyoshi did? Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey,

    I also think the boys felt trapped on the plantation and in their families. Both, Kiyo and Tosh, were ready to leave home on seek of their own dreams; however, their parents expected more from them that we could ever imagine, and so, they asked for their bodies.

    Estela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelsey, I think that you are completely right. Their parent should have taken responsibility for their own debt and not have made their children pay it for them. The 2 boys really did not have any control over want they wanted to do because their parent were to concerned with having them do things for them.
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete